Noteworthy items on Monday’s Board of Supervisors agenda:
- Appoint election workers for the General Election to be held on November 2, 2010, and authorize staff to fill vacancies as required.
- Ratify the submission of an application for funding in the amount of $390,469 to the State Fiscal Stabilization Funds (SFSF) Distribution to Rural Counties Project (an ARRA funded program) for the funding of a position and related facilities maintenance, vehicles and equipment of the La Paz County Certified Park Ranger Division (FY09/10 and FY10/11) and public health nursing positions of the La Paz County Health Department (FY10/11) and authorize the County Administrator to sign and submit said application on behalf of La Paz County.
- Approve to buy down 130 hours of comp time for 9-1-1 Dispatcher due to certain exigent circumstances.
- Rezone 46025 E. Roland Lane, Salome.
- Rezone 33919 Dorothy Way, Wenden.
- Proclaim the month of October, 2010, as “Domestic Violence Awareness Month“.
- Approve the application to Arizona State Parks for a Law Enforcement and Boating Safety Fund (LEBSF) allocation for Fiscal Year 2011.
- Authorize entry into a contract with the State of Arizona by and through the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) for Federal 402 funds, supporting personnel services and employee related expenses to conduct Selective Traffic Enforcement and DUI Task Force Enforcement Programs.
- Approve cancellation of seven uncollectible personal property tax bills totaling $2,451.28.
- Award bid for the “Riverside Drive Rock Fencing Project”.
- Approve to accept the sole satisfactory proposal received from Pirates Den, LLC in response to the Request for Proposals for Concessionaire for the La Paz County Park thereby entering into a contract with Pirates Den, LLC for said concession.
- Approve to initiate the application process with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for the modification of the La Paz County Park Resource Management Plan and any other processes required by the BLM and/or the United States Army Corp of Engineers necessary to authorize the construction and implementation of the concession with Pirate’s Den, LLC to be located in La Paz County Park and appoint the La Paz County Community Resource Director as Project Manager of said project.
- Approve agreement with Consultant, Priyanka Miller, GISP, for parcel data conversion and inventory services.
- Appoint Facility Maintenance Worker I.
- Approve to advertise for the position of Custodian.
The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at the La Paz County Board of Supervisors Boardroom at 1108 Joshua Ave, Parker, AZ.