The Arizona Department of Transportation is in the process of repaving an 11-mile stretch of Interstate 10 east of Quartzsite to create a smoother ride for drivers. Crews will remove and replace the pavement along the eastbound passing lane beginning Monday (Nov 7th) through Wednesday (Nov 9th). This weekend, one lane will remain closed in preparation for next week’s paving work.
What to expect next week:
- Eastbound I-10 passing lane will be closed for approximately four miles east of Quartzsite.
- Work is scheduled to take place from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. each work day.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph in the construction zone.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to monitor speeds.
- Message boards will advise drivers of lane restrictions.
ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.