Notable items on Monday morning’s agenda of the La Paz County Board of Supervisors include:
- Approve to certify that the Mohave/La Paz Local Workforce Investment Board and the Youth Council meet the criteria established by the Workforce Investment Act, authorize the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Recertification Signature page, and request the Governor’s Council on Workforce Policy to recommend the Governor of Arizona to approve the recertification of the Mohave/La Paz Workforce Investment Board.
- Approve recommendation to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control for Application for Special Event License submitted by Linda Darland on behalf of the McMullen Valley Chamber of Commerce for a fund raiser on Saturday, February 19, 2011, at the Centennial Community Center located at 69725 Centennial Park Road, in Salome.
- Appoint Detention Officer – (Replacement/Promotion).
- Appoint Jail Sergeant – (Replacement/Promotion).
- Approve intradepartmental advertisement for a Jail Corporal position (Replacement/ Promotion).
- Resolution adopting an increase in Building Permit Fees administered by the Community Development Department.
- Implementation of Vital Record Fees for the Health Department relating to Death Certificates and Death Certificate Amendments.
- Approve to donate a County vehicle to the McMullen Valley Fire District.
- Accept Colorado River Indian Tribes Gaming Funds Distributions (quarterly distributions) on behalf of the University of Arizona Cooperative Agricultural Extension.
- Approve to ratify the submission of a revised application for the funding in the amount of $50,000 to the Public Safety Stabilization Program, an American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) funded program, for the funding of a 9-1-1 Dispatcher position and authorize the Community Resource Director to sign and submit revised application on behalf of La Paz County.
- Approve extension of the open Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Contract #R016-10-32 with Wessel Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC until December 30, 2010.
- Approve going to bid for a “2011 Super 18 Conventional Cab Truck”, a budgeted item.
- Approve to start the Landfill Road Project, a budgeted item, in an amount not to exceed $62,110.
- Approve/Deny tax debt of Tax Year 2009 for the Tree of Life Christian School.
- Appoint Court Clerk (Replacement).
- Approve to advertise for a Lead Crusher Plant Operator (Replacement).
- Approve to advertise for a Maintenance Worker II (Replacement).
- Approve to advertise for a Mechanic I (Salome) (Replacement).
More details can be found at co.la-paz.az.us.